As an Amazon Associate I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. No extra cost to you.
Total Gym is a trusted manufacturer of Gym Instruments. Their gym instrument models have goodwill among fitness enthusiasts. Apex G models are not the exception here.
Today we will discuss the review of Total Gym Apex G3. So, let’s dive into the discussion.
Total Gym Apex G3 Review
Why should you go for Total Gym Apex G3?
Total Gym Apex G3 is the mid-priced model in the new, budget-friendly Apex Range. It is suitable for user from 5’ to 6’4” tall people. It can support up to 300lbs.
This robust home gym will enable you to get fitter, stronger and more toned. This gym instrument is perfect for user from any age and fitness level. This gym is pretty user-friendly and easy to assemble. Workouts on these instruments are low impact, smooth, comfortable and quiet. They could be done either seated or lying on an ergonomic glided paddleboard.
Apex G3 comes with attachments that make it possible to do over 70 different exercises in total. This diversification will enable you to target your muscles from multiple angles and get a better result. It also comes with 8 level of resistance. With these levels of resistance, you can vary the intensity of your sessions for faster fitness gains.
Whenever you are done with your workout session you can easily fold this gym to a convenient size. This feature allows the user to store and maintain it properly.
Features of Total Gym Apex G3
This amazing gym instrument comes with some great features. These features have been discussed below.
Let’s talk about the design and dimension of Total Gym Apex G3 models. Dimension of these models are almost 99% similar to Total Gym Apex G3 models. Dimension of these models are different when you set them up for exercise and when it is folded.
Total Gym Apex G3 is 15.5 inches wide, 93 inches long and 43 inches high when you set it up for exercise. When you fold it to store it becomes 15.5 inches wide, 50.5 inches long and 8 inches high. The weight of this machine is 53.2lbs.
Levels of Resistance
Total Gym Apex G3 has it’s own adjustability. It comes with 8 levels of resistance. You can have the benefit to adjust it between these different levels. With this advantage, your machine can have increased or decreased resistance performance.
Effective Package of Attachments
Total Gym Apex G3 features a package of 5 useful attachments. These attachments are mentioned below
- Wing Attachment: This attachment features different handle sets. These handles used to practice pull up, seat up and push up exercises.
- Dip Bars: Dip bars are also handled that are used to perform dip. This attachment helps to strengthen triceps.
- Squat Stand: Apex G3 had no squat stand but this model has a squat stand to ensure the user’s perfect and effective squat.
- Exercise Flip Chart: Apex G3 comes with complete exercise guidelines.
- Leg Pull Accessory: To strengthen your hip/leg you can use this accessory.
This machine allows a user to practice 70 different exercises with this single unit of Total Gym Apex G3 model. Some of these exercises are mentioned below.
- Plyo Jumps
- Chin Ups
- Tricep Dips
- Tricep Kick-Backs
- Hamstring Pulls
- Inner Thigh Pulls
- Various types of Squats
- Inverted Crunches
- Shoulder Presses
- Seated Leg Curls with Bicep Curls
- Leg Curls with Surfers
- Leg Curls with Flyes
Total Gym Apex G3 has similar kind of weight capacity as Total Gym Apex G1. Both this model has a weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Just like the Total Gym Apex G1, Apex G3 also comes with folding features. With this feature, you can fold the machine and store it easily and safely after finishing the workout.
Just like Apex G1, Total Gym Apex G3 comes fully assembled. So you don’t need to waste any time assembling it.
The Total Gym Apex G3 comes with a warranty of 1 year.
Pros & Cons
There are both Pros and Cons of Total Gym Apex G3. Let’s take a look at both pros and cons of Total Gym Apex G3.
What I Like:
- You will be able to perform 70+ exercises with this instrument
- You can have 8 different levels of resistance
- It is perfect for a full-body workout
- Total Gym Apex G3 comes fully assembled, so you don’t need to worry about assembling
- It is capable of taking load up to 300lbs
- Easy folding options
- Comes with 5 included handy attachments
- Comes with workout guides and nutrition tips
What I Don’t Like:
- This gym instruments have no squat stand. So, a user might face difficulty while squatting with it.
- It provides a warranty of only 1 year. This warranty period is comparatively shorter than other gym instrument brands
What to Consider before Purchasing Total Gym Apex G3
There is no doubt that The Total Gym Apex G3 is a great workout instrument but you have to consider a few things before buying it. We have already mentioned that this model is appropriate for people of any age and fitness level, but you can only have a low-impact workout session with this machine.
Thus it will help you to improve your strength, muscle tone and heart health and not more than that. So this model will not be suitable for a person whose aim is to build a lot of bulk. Also will not be effective for a bodybuilder or an athlete.
Total Gym Apex G3 is an amazing equipment. This versatile gym machine will let you perform over 70+ exercises. Thus it will enhance your workout performances.
We will recommend this gym equipment if you are a beginner, looking for low-cost gym equipment yet an effective gym. Because it will fulfill all your demands with its amazing features and price tag.