As an Amazon Associate I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. No extra cost to you.
Total Gym XL is one of the most advanced home gym equipment from the brand Total Gym. This model is also called Total Gym Fit. This model has more advanced features and technology than Total Gym XLS or Total Gym XL7 models. Today here in this we will gonna discuss a brief review of Total Gym XL.
Total Gym XL Review
Why Should You Go for Total Gym XL (Fit)?
Let’s discuss why you should purchase Total Gym XL (Fit)
- Total Gym XL (Fit) is not only the most advanced and improved model of Total Gym, but it is also one of the most advanced models of all the gym brands for a beginner.
- This gym equipment ensures comfort yet effective workout sessions. By that, it minimizes the chance of injury.
- It has several effective attachments such as AB Crunch attachments, Two-Piece Wing Attachments, Leg Pull Attachments and Squat Stands. Regular exercise with these attachments will boost your fitness level even if your workout session is not very long.
- A regular short-term workout session with this machine will make your fitness better.
- This equipment will allow you to perform 85 plus exercises.
- It has a padded glide board, which ensures proper comfort throughout the whole workout session.
- This total gym has 12 available resistance levels, which is a lot more than other Total Gym models.
- It has folding features that save space while storing the equipment.
Features of Total Gym XL
Let’s discuss some of the basic features of Total Gym XL.
Build and Quality:
Total Gym has manufactured its XL series with a sturdy design. This model has a frame construction of high-quality solid steel. Also, the rails of this machine are chrome plated. Altogether, the equipment looks very sturdy and sleek at the same time.
Levels of Resistance:
Total Gym XL (Fit) lets you experience 12 levels of resistance.
It allows a user to practice 85 different exercises.
This equipment has a pulley system. This pulley system allows a user to practice different exercises. Two soft rubber padded nylon straps are used as pulleys in this machine. They are on both sides of the equipment. The pulley system offers a few useful attachments. These attachments are required to perform numerous exercises.
Support and Comfort:
Anyone can have full support and comfort while working out with XL (Fit) equipment. It has a glide board with foam padding inside to ensure total comfort. Also, the nylon strap of the pulley system is covered with soft rubber padding. This rubber padding prevents the strap from going harsh on your wrist.
It allows the body weight to spread across the equipment to give comfort and maintain proper balance. Plus it adopts different body weights as per required bodyweight for different levels of resistance.
Total Gym XL has smooth folding features. So you can easily store without occupying so much space.
Weight of the Total Gym XL is 96lbs and it can take a load up to 450 lbs.
It comes fully assembled so no need to worry about the assembling
Total Gym XL has a warranty of 2 years on parts and a lifetime warranty on its frame.
Pros & Cons
What I Like:
- You can perform more than 85+ exercises with this total gym
- It has several effective attachments such as AB Crunch attachments, Two-Piece Wing Attachments, Leg Pull Attachments and Squat Stands.
- 12 different levels of resistance are available with this equipment.
- Padded with foam and more comfortable, so there’s nothing to worry about injury or muscle pain
- No need to worry about assembling as it comes fully assembled
- Bulky people can comfortably workout on it, as it is capable of taking a load up to 450lbs.
- You can easily fold it and store it conveniently.
What I Don’t Like:
- It will not help you to build heavy muscle
- Uncomfortable for users above average height
What to Consider before Purchasing Total Gym XLS
Like all other models of Total Gym this model also helps you a lot to maintain a regular decent fitness level. But if you want to gain heavy muscle, this machine will not be that helpful. You have to remember bodybuilding should require your gym sessions and more hard work. So if you are looking for a way to bodybuilding, I am afraid Total Gym XL (Fit) will not be the right fit for you. You should join a gym and take professional training instead.
Total Gym XL (Fit) is perfect for fitness enthusiasts who want to perform various exercises as it offers 85+ different exercises. This equipment has an elegant design and a quality build.
So, people who are thinking about buying effective, budget-friendly workout equipment can always choose and rely upon Total Gym XLS.